Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reminisce 1960's...

I again have a latest addiction...Which is the 1960's Classical TV Shows...I really like those shows and wish I could turn back the time when those kind of shows are shown in TV...

Dont get me wrong...I'm not that old. I was not born in 1960's and I'm only 19...But I really do love the 1960 shows I've watched at a local channel. It hook me up for good.

Let me give you my Three recent addiction of the best 1960 Shows:

- The Adams Family: 1964-1966. Who would forgot the adam's family? Though the show only lasted for 2 years, the animated version last longer. I think it's still airing on cartoon channels until now. The movie is also spectacular. This is legendary. The story and the characters seems to just blend. I wonder is there is really a family like them.








- Bewitched: 1964-1973.
This is a story of
a witch that married a perfectly normal husband. The story moves around their marriage life with a twist (of course the girl is a witch). This made history. The nose movement, the picking of ears, the grandmother which do not like the husband. God, how can such a TV show have so many things that are perfect? Just see how long it airs on television? almost 10 years? And nicole kidman just made a movie base ont his tv show just recently. What a great great TV show. I just totally love this one. I wish I could get all of its episodes and watch it again.

- I dream Of A Gennie: 1965-1970. Also a great show. often associated with bewitched because the maker is the same (very good maker, think he made a billion with this two shows). The story revolves on a soldier that found a gennie in one of his mission. And eversince that day, the gennie did not leave him? Why?! The gennie is in love with him. Just great great TV show this is. Got nothing to wish for.

Now tell me why the heck that TV shows nowadays are almost instantly forgotten by the time they end? Why cant show producers bring back the magic... The magic of those classical TV shows... Those shows that put smiles. Those that bring simple joy...Those that teaches life little lessons and shows love without even messing its image. And those shows that will forever leave a mark in people's heart...

I wish those kinds of shows can be created today, i know we can. The 1960's arent better than our generation (except for the prices that time). We have better writers and better technology. Let's make a show that can make history. So that by the time we are old, we can read another blog like this, stating that our generation's show is what they miss the most.



No comments: